Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Large UFO Over Army Ammunition Plant – Witnesses Break Silence

Bookmark and Share

Large UFO Over Army Ammunition Plant – Witnesses Break Silence

By Missouri Mutual UFO Network

    Missouri MUFON received a report from a witness who saw a large UFO over Lake City Army Ammunition Plant in 1969. The witness, who was told to keep quiet about the event, recently decided to come forward in order to let the public know that an unidentified object hovered and moved about the plant for two hours in the middle of the night and was witnessed by at least 13 people.

June 6, 2014 Independence, Missouri

Raymond Griggs, age 22 at the time, was living in Independence, Missouri and working as a civilian contractor at Lake City. Lake City Army Ammunition Plant is a 3,935-acre U.L. government owned, contractor-operated facility located in eastern Independence near 7 Highway and 28 Highway. The plant manufactures ammunition for the military for the U.S. Army. In addition, Lake City performs small caliber ammunition stockpile reliability testing and has ammunition and weapon testing responsibilities as the NATO National and Regional Test Center.

Raymond worked the night shift from midnight to eight O’Clock A.M. in the printing shop. On a hot August night in 1969 the electricity for the entire plant and all buildings suddenly went out, so the crew of seven in his department went outside to cool down. That is when they noticed a UFO.

A bright chrome spherical object hovered just over a building four buildings away from the men’s position. The object then slowly moved over another building across the road and hovered, then continued to zig-zag back and forth across the road from building to building for approximately two hours. The seven men on the crew with Mr. Griggs talked amongst themselves while watching the UFO. At the same time, several jeeps with MP’s were driving to and from the area very quickly, which is something the men had never witnessed before.

The unidentified object then left the area by shooting up into the sky at a 30 degree angle at an incredible speed. Raymond said that it was gone in ½ of a second, and that solidified the fact that the men were looking at a real UFO and not a military craft of any type. Just as the UFO exited, the electricity came back on.

The next morning, two men arrived at the office that no one had seen before. One was dressed in a gray suit and the other in black. One of the men said to everyone “Remember that you have all signed a security clearance and you did not see anything.” The men then turned and left. They did not introduce themselves or show any identification. The message was clear, and Raymond Griggs kept his mouth shut for 45 years. But after seeing an episode of Hangar 1 in which Missouri was featured as a UFO Hot Spot he decided to come forward with the story.

1 comment :

  1. Oh GOOD! Another riveting and topical story from 1969...


Dear Contributor,

Your comments are greatly appreciated, and coveted; however, blatant mis-use of this site's bandwidth will not be tolerated (e.g., SPAM etc).

Additionally, healthy debate is invited; however, ad hominem and or vitriolic attacks will not be published, nor will "anonymous" criticisms. Please keep your arguments "to the issues" and present them with civility and proper decorum. -FW


Mutual UFO Network Logo