Monday, May 22, 2006


UFO Crashes into KZN Sea
No sign of 'UFO' - NSRI

     Port Shepstone - There is no sign of an apparent "UFO" that was reported to have crashed into the sea off Port Shepstone on the KwaZulu-Natal South Coast.

National Sea Rescue Institute spokesperson Craig Lambinon says nothing has been found yet, despite an extensive search over an area covering 12 square nautical miles.

The mysterious object that "crashed" into the sea behind the breaker-line off-shore of Port Shepstone High School about 12:20 on Saturday, has raised a frenzy of interest worldwide.

The number of readers who have clicked on the report carried by News24 reached more than 30 000 by 18:00 on Sunday afternoon.

Lambinon said on Sunday evening: "Witnesses said they thought they saw an unidentified object, possibly an aircraft, crash into the sea, but absolutely nothing has been found.

"Police and the NSRI offices in Shelley Beach and Port Edward responded to the call that something had crashed into the sea.

Some even saw flames
" Margate air traffic control also searched the area with a fixed-wing aircraft.

Numerous witnesses, including pupils and teachers at a school sports event, and fishermen were convinced they saw an aircraft go into the water.

"They saw smoke and water exploding. Some even saw flames.

"Some reported seeing an unidentified object splash into the sea causing a ripple of waves," said Lambinon.

"A reliable source, who was on a hill overlooking the sea about 2km away, said he saw something crash into the sea.

"The object trailed smoke behind it, and even after it had crashed the column of smoke hung in the air for several minutes.

"It caused a big splash when it hit the water and bobbed up and down," said Lambinon, quoting one of the witnesses.

'It might have been the weather...'
"There are no reports of activity in the area that may be related to this incident and there are no aircraft reported to be overdue or missing.

"The number of witness reports leads us to presume that weather activity in the area at the time may have given the impression of something falling into the sea.

"We will continue to monitor the situation, which remains a mystery," said Lambinon, adding: "If there ever was something...".

More . . .

See Also: UFO Crashes into KZN Sea


Search for crashed 'UFO' on hold

     -PORT SHEPSTONE The search for an unidentified object which crashed into the sea at Port Shepstone on Saturday has been put on hold because of rough weather conditions, the National Sea Rescue Institute (NSRI) said on Monday.

"The search was called off on Sunday and will only resume once the sea is calm. At the moment the sea is not conducive to diving," said NSRI Shelley Beach Station Commander Eddie Noyons.

"Rescue workers were unable to find oil slicks or petrol or any signs of a wreckage. We are not yet sure what it was that crashed into the sea."

The search for the unidentified object began on Saturday after witnesses reported that an object, possibly an aircraft, had crashed into the sea behind the breaker line off-shore of the Port Shepstone High School, said Noyons.

Police, rescue craft and a fixed wing aircraft were alerted to the scene to investigate.

More . . .

See Also: UFO Crashes into KZN Sea


Search launched after UFO sea splash-down mystery

By Derrick Spies
The Herald Online

     THE aliens landed, or make that crash-landed, in the sea off Port Shepstone at the weekend.

This is what some people believed after they saw an unidentified flying object smack down into the water just behind the breaker line on Saturday.

NSRI Shelley Beach station commander Eddie Noyons said a number of reports had been received about a UFO, possibly an aircraft, crashing into the sea at about 12.20pm.

“Numerous eyewitnesses were interviewed, including teachers and pupils from Port Shepstone High School who were attending a sports event at the school, as well as other bystanders including local fishermen. They were all convinced they had seen an aircraft go into the water and said they had seen smoke and a splash.”

Some also reported seeing flames, and ripples on the sea.

Noyons said the NSRI, along with the South African Police Service, had gone out to investigate. They also alerted the Margate air traffic control and an aircraft was diverted to the scene to provide a fly-by visual of the area.

“Following a full-scale search of the area, covering 12 square nautical miles, nothing was found,” he said.

“The number of eyewitness reports leads us to presume that weather in the area at the time may have given the impression of something falling into the sea.”

Noyons said there were no reports of activity in the area that could be related to the supposed crash, and no aircraft had been reported overdue or missing.

“We will continue to monitor the situation, which remains a mystery,” he said.

More . . .

See Also: Flying Saucer: Midget Pilot Reported Landing in Mexico


No comments :

Post a Comment

Dear Contributor,

Your comments are greatly appreciated, and coveted; however, blatant mis-use of this site's bandwidth will not be tolerated (e.g., SPAM etc).

Additionally, healthy debate is invited; however, ad hominem and or vitriolic attacks will not be published, nor will "anonymous" criticisms. Please keep your arguments "to the issues" and present them with civility and proper decorum. -FW


Mutual UFO Network Logo