Wednesday, February 13, 2008


UFO Heading Towards Stephenville

Breaking News – Feb. 12, 2008

Stephenville Lights – Reporter

Angela Joiner (Sml) It’s clear.

Whatever is hovering over Erath County isn’t leaving. UFO reports are pouring in. Two are from original witnesses, and two new ones are coming aboard.

This time there are pictures and video -- Constable Lee Roy GaitAn made sure of it.

The following are accounts from GaitAn, Ricky Sorrells, Mac McKinnon, and a source not wishing to be identified.

Note: GaitAn’s first sighting was with his eight-year-old son on Jan. 8 when he saw a red glow that faded and then reappeared. Later he said he saw bright white lights that seemed to “bounce around in the sky” and took off at a “blazing speed”.

GaitAn’s second sighting

“It was Feb. 2 in the early morning hours. I videotaped it for about 40 minutes. It was an object with red, green, and blue lights. I was on U.S Hwy. 377 by Woody’s looking south towards Dublin. It was about a quarter of the size of a full moon. It was several thousand feet up, maybe 4,500 or 5,000 feet up, I don’t know.

“I zoomed in 168X and you could see it was round and spinning. Something that could not be seen with the naked eye and you could almost see through it. There was what looked like a pyramid or triangle shape on the inside of the thing.”

GaitAn’s next sighting was Feb. 9.

“This time I was in St. Gobain’s parking lot in Stephenville close to the same time in the early morning. I was looking east northeast of Dublin. I videoed for 10 minutes and zoomed in but it was too far. It was moving but not real fast. It was spinning and shooting off colors. I’m fairly certain this thing spins. This time I could not see through it.

That night a friend called and said he was seeing something through his telescope, an object southeast of my house. I went outside and there it was. It was moving southeast towards Gustine. I watched it for at least 30 minutes and took several pictures. I called my sister and she had seen it, too, and so did her neighbor. Then this guy calls me back about 11:30 and said there is another one coming in from the Selden area. He said it was moving towards Dublin. We go out and we can see it looking toward Harbin. We went to County Road 847 and we took several pictures with the new Cannon camera we purchased with a special lens. It appeared to be the same thing that was hovering southeast of my house and we never lost sight of it. Then my sister called and they saw it again, too. It headed southwest. Then we lost sight of the first one we’d seen for a little bit and then it reappeared. Then, there was two of them; one in the southwest sky and one in the northeast sky.”

GaitAn said the same friend (refusing to be identified publicly) called the night of Feb. 10 to inform him he had viewed five of the objects in the sky but GaitAn had forgotten his cell phone and got the message hours too late. “It does not match what we saw on Jan. 8,” GaitAn said. “But it was as big as that one was. The first time I didn’t see all the colors -- it was a white strobe light, LED type of light.

“Also this one was more stationary and not bouncing around like the night of Jan. 8. Now, you cannot see it with the naked eye but it was spinning. And the guy that called said he could see it spinning through the telescope. But, he said he could see something attached to the top and the bottom, something like a capsule or some kind of object. He also told me it was bouncing around in his telescope view but didn’t bounce around when viewing with the naked eye.”

Ricky Sorrells is visited again – Feb. 9

“It was about an hour after the sun went down, maybe 7 or 7:30 p.m. I was coming back from the store in Dublin. When I crossed my cattle guard I looked past my big oak tree and there it was about a mile away. The lights were erratic – red, blue and green and then they kind of combined and made a white light that glowed. I stopped and rolled down my window and yelled at it. I told it to ‘Leave me alone.’ I went ahead and went up my driveway and got out. I looked and it was still there. I just went in the house and shut the door because I really didn’t want to see it anymore.”

When questioned further, Sorrells said he couldn’t determine how high it was because of the darkness. This was his first night time sighting -- the other four visits were daytime. He said, “It was higher than the trees by a large margin so it was way above 300 feet.”

Sorrells also reported military aircraft in his area the night before the sighting or Friday, Feb. 8. “Nine F-16s flew over in a definite grid pattern,” Sorrells said. “They have an idea of where this thing is.”

A source not wishing to be publicly identified

“I don’t want my name used because I don’t want to go through what Ricky has been through. But, I’ll tell you what I saw but I’m no aeronautical expert by any shape, form or fashion. I live near Desdemona about 15 miles from Ricky as the crow files. Saturday night (Feb. 9) I saw something that reminded me of Care-Flight with a big spotlight on it. I saw red and green lights but they were faint. I watched it for five minutes. As far as the time, it was dark enough to see the stars and the white light would have been equal to the brightest stars in the sky. I thought it might be some kind of helicopter but it was unusual for a helicopter. It never moved. I saw Ricky the next day and I was joking with him that I thought I had seen a UFO right about over his house. I could tell by the look on his face he had seen something again. That’s when he told me not to be joking around because it had been back to his house. When all this first started, I told him I thought he was seeing a helicopter and somebody was just jacking with him. I’ve known Ricky for 14 years and couldn’t tell you a bad story on him. I don’t doubt him at all. I’ve always known him to be straight up and honest. He’s the butt of a lot of jokes but everyone likes him and it’s in a good-natured way. He would have never told everybody what he told them if he wasn’t serious – if he didn’t honestly believe he saw something. They can investigate him until the cows come home and they won’t find anything on him. Ricky is just a good guy – a handshake is good with Ricky. I would like to be able to use my name but my income would be hard to replace. I can’t.”

Mac McKinnon’s eyewitness account
~ Owner/publisher, Dublin Citizen~

“Somebody called me at 8 Saturday (Feb. 9) evening to tell me about it. I was at home and went out and looked up and there it was. It was way too big to be a helicopter and it had red, green and white lights. I’ve never seen this before. Later, I got in my car but I never got closer to it. I didn’t really see anything but lights. I quit chasing it about 11 p.m. and went to bed. Nobody’s making this stuff up but I think it’s military. I think they were normal looking navigational lights. A lot of things get developed and tested around here that nobody realizes”

No comments :

Post a Comment

Dear Contributor,

Your comments are greatly appreciated, and coveted; however, blatant mis-use of this site's bandwidth will not be tolerated (e.g., SPAM etc).

Additionally, healthy debate is invited; however, ad hominem and or vitriolic attacks will not be published, nor will "anonymous" criticisms. Please keep your arguments "to the issues" and present them with civility and proper decorum. -FW


Mutual UFO Network Logo