|(Modified) Illustration By Frank Warren|
By Anthony Bragalia
The UFO Chronicles
General Nathan Twining
|General Nathan Twining|
Even more astonishingly, he disclosed that one of the aliens had survived.
General Nathan Twining was a West Point grad who was born into a family that was long-associated with the military. As Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, he had risen to become the highest ranking military officer in the U.S. Armed Forces and principal military advisor to a President. Before retiring with over four decades of service, he was eligible to wear over 30 military medals.
Twining, concerned about the increasing rise in UFO reports during the summer of 1947, had advised the initiation of a formal study of the mysterious phenomenon. Known as Project Sign, this early official UFO study was authorized in December of 1947 by General Laurence Craige (Chief of Air Force R&D and implicated as Roswell-involved by Craige’s pilot, Ben Games.)
At the time of the Roswell incident Twining was at Wright Field (where the crash debris was flown) as Commander of the Air Materiel Command (AMC.) The AMC was charged with research, development, acquisition and flight testing of novel, prototype or foreign aircraft and weapons.
Twining would certainly have been well-positioned to have known about what had really happened at Roswell at the time of the crash. He likely garnered further details when he was later rewarded for his work by being named by a President to lead our nation’s Armed Forces as Joint Chiefs of Staff.
In a formerly classified (and infamous) letter to Air Force General George Schulgen (known as the “Twining Memo”) Twining writes to the General that the flying disc phenomenon reported “is something real and not visionary or fictitious.” He went on to consider natural phenomenon and controlled, engineered objects as possibilities.
It now appears evident that Twining knew far more definitively what the phenomenon actually represented.
Buried at the Arlington National Cemetery with full military honors, General Twining died in March of 1982 in Texas at the age of 84.
The General’s Son Reveals His Father’s Roswell Secret
|Nathan Twining Jr.|
And a recent and very little-viewed video of testimony given by an unassuming Englishwoman suggests strongly that General Twining –and his son- knew far more about the true nature of Roswell crash than they had ever let on publicly.
In the video, released in September of this year by UK investigator Joanne Summerscales, a woman named Jo Walters (who is now is her 80s) relates that she had met Nathan Twining, Jr. during the 1997/1998 time frame. What he told her about his General father has left her startled to this day.
At the time, Jo was, along with two friends, considering retiring to the United States. She and her friends were members of a religion that was seeking to establish a community retreat there. It happened that one of her friends knew of Nathan Twining who was a member of the same faith in the US. She contacted him to let him know of their intentions- and to her delight he invited her, Jo Walters and another friend to spend some time at the guest quarters at his ranch. He would discuss placing a religious community on one of his expansive New Mexico land holdings. They accepted his invitation and arrived to a fine welcome.
Later in the visit, Nathan explained to Jo that he was the son of a military General. Given the ranch’s New Mexico location and his father’s time of service, the talk got around to the Roswell crash.
Nathan Jr. told Jo that his father and he had discussed the matter previously and that at the end of his life his father finally came forth on the true nature of the Roswell event.
Nathan said that his father believed that he was always ‘straight’ with his son and that he now wanted to set the record straight about the crash. General Twining was apparently sparing in what he told his son. But six weeks before he passed General Twining did confirm:
• The Roswell incident was in fact an event involving extraterrestrialsJo Walters being interviewed here:
• A crew of beings had crashed in the desert
• One of these beings had survived, but later expired
• The General added that he had himself visited the being and had communicated with it telepathically while it was held at a secure government location in New Mexico.
Jo Walters’ Taped Testimony
Nathan Twining Jr. (now elderly, placed under guardianship and believed incapacitated) became recognized as very successful as both a real estate businessman in Baltimore and as a New Mexico land developer. And he was as generous as he was prosperous (donating, for instance, acres of land on which to site an observatory for the Albuquerque Astronomical Society.)
He is a man of inherited means with a reputation for genuineness. He had no reason to fabricate or to dishonor his father’s legacy with lies. And corroboration for Jo Walter’s claims about Twining comes from several, including these individuals:
• Respected veteran UFO researcher Ted Oliphant relates in a Facebook entry that he had also heard from Nathan Twining Jr. that his General dad saw the Roswell alien and that it had used telepathic means to communicate. Nathan Jr. added this important element: he was told by his father that the ET “wanted no contact with us.”
• Paranormal researcher Suzy Ward wrote in 2011 that about 20 years previous she had purchased some acreage from Nathan Jr. In conversations with him at that time (and perhaps because of her inclination to things universal and spiritual) she was related some amazing things about the crash. Like Jo Walters and Ted Oliphant, she was told of Nathan’ father’s story about a surviving crew member of a four-creature crew and about communication by telepathy with the living alien.
• Roswell investigator and author Tom Carey (when emailed the Jo Walters video by this author) confirmed to me that what Jo states matches up with what he knew to be true about Nathan Twining Jr. He has met Twining in the past and has been to his ranch estate. Carey said that what Walter’s details about Twining’s ranch, circumstance, demeanor and related fine points leads him to believe that she had indeed visited him in New Mexico.
The Highest Official Confirmation of ET Ever?
If what Nathan Jr. says about Nathan Sr. was true, it represents confirmation at the very highest levels of government -from one of the most decorated men in military history- that the Roswell incident was truly ET.
See Tony's Other Articles . . .
CIA Veteran Claims Knowledge of Roswell-Alien Cover-up
General's Widow Reveals That the Roswell UFO Crash was in Fact an Extraterrestrial Event
The Children Who Bore Witness to Roswell: Their Tragic Stories Finally Revealed
See More Roswell Articles . . .
SHARE YOUR UFO EXPERIENCE