Saturday, January 07, 2012

James Carlson Gets it Wrong Again:

Reuters Was NOT Paid to Publicize Robert Hastings’ Investigation of UFO Activity at F.E. Warren AFB in October 2010


Bookmark and Share


Robert Hastings By Robert Hastings
www.ufohastings.com
© 1-6-12
James Carlson's father, Eric, is a former U.S. Air Force ICBM launch officer who was involved, decades ago, in a UFO incident at a missile site operated by Malmstrom AFB, Montana—although the elder Carlson continues to deny it.

Nevertheless, I’ve interviewed other former/retired officers and enlisted men who’ve stated that a UFO had indeed been hovering over one of the Echo Flight ICBMs early on the morning of March 16, 1967, when the entire flight of ten mysteriously malfunctioned.

I subsequently published those persons’ testimony and, still later, some of the actual tape recordings of their conversations with me—thereby convincingly contradicting Eric Carlson’s claims of no UFO-involvement in the incident. In response, son James has been libeling me all over cyberspace ever since. His daddy is telling the truth, he claims, and all of those other guys are full of it.

My taped conversations with Eric Carlson's former Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander, now-retired Col. Walter Figel, may be heard at:


Figel states that he did indeed receive a report from one of his guards of a “large, round object” hovering “directly over” one of the Echo ICBMs seconds after it dropped-off alert status and became unlaunchable. Figel further says that he and Eric Carlson were told not to talk about the incident by their squadron commander.

James Carlson's latest posted nonsense about me can be found here. It involves, among other things, his claim that I paid the prestigious Reuters news agency big bucks to publish a press release relating to my article on UFO sightings during the October 23, 2010 missile communication-disruption incident at F.E. Warren AFB. My exposé on that dramatic event may now be read at:



Carlson claims that Reuters’ alleged prostitution lent my investigation an aura of legitimacy that it did not deserve. However, by hurling this charge, James Carlson has only succeeded, once again, in demonstrating his inability to accurately report facts, in any given UFO case he attempts to discuss authoritatively.

In reality, I paid PRNewswire, a publicity-for-hire group, to post my press release on the incident at F.E. Warren—whereupon Reuters and many other news organizations picked it up and distributed it on its merits, not because they were paid to do so. (But, as James correctly noted, all of my sources for the story were, and remain, anonymous—just as all of the Watergate investigation sources’ names were initially kept confidential, until unfolding events resulted in their identities being made known by Washington Post reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein.)

The original PRNewswire press release is at:


The Reuters version is here.

I am perfectly aware that it would have been more credible to cite the F.E. Warren AFB sighting witnesses and my other sources by name, however, I didn't have the option to do so in this particular case. (Approximately 95% of my ex-military sources over the years were identified in my book UFOs and Nukes. Carlson calls all of those guys liars or otherwise unreliable. In other words, heads he wins, tails I lose. In Carlson’s eyes, none of my sources—anonymous or not—are credible when they report their direct or indirect knowledge of UFO activity at USAF nuclear weapons sites.)

Unfortunately, regarding the October 23, 2010 incident at F.E. Warren, the two then-active duty missile maintenance technicians who spoke of UFO sightings on the day of the communications snafu were later discovered and punished. Someone, probably the Office of Special Investigations (AFOSI), had been monitoring their emails to my go-between, an already-retired ICBM maintenance tech. Consequently, after the two technicians retired in June 2011, a “flag” was put in their DD214 folders, chastising them for releasing still-classified information about the incident. This official admonishment effectively bars them from possible employment with defense contractors, a development which troubles me greatly. Nothing like this has ever happened to any of my ex-military sources during my 39-year research career.

To those who say that I should be far more troubled about the techs’ unauthorized disclosures, I will simply assert my belief that the American people deserve to know the facts about UFOs which the U.S. government continues to withhold from us and the rest of the world—including information about ongoing UFO incursions at nuclear weapon sites. Furthermore, my opinion is that any military or ex-military whistleblower who reveals his or her knowledge of those facts is a true patriot.

Regardless, the information provided by the pair—relating to the actual 26-hour duration of the comm disruption, the multiple, intermittent sightings of a huge, cigar-shaped UFO concurrent with it, and the subsequent warnings by the missile maintenance commander to his squadron to remain silent about the dramatic events—are all reliable disclosures in my view and I am hoping that other, on-the-record sources will materialize in the future who can substantiate the techs’ assertions.

A fuller discussion of this topic, including other examples of James Carlson’s unreliable assertions and often bizarre behavior, may be found at:


No comments :

Post a Comment

Dear Contributor,

Your comments are greatly appreciated, and coveted; however, blatant mis-use of this site's bandwidth will not be tolerated (e.g., SPAM etc).

Additionally, healthy debate is invited; however, ad hominem and or vitriolic attacks will not be published. Please keep your arguments "to the issues" and present them with civility and proper decorum-FW






LIVE SIGHTING REPORTS BY MUFON