Thursday, December 17, 2009

UPDATE: Witness Shares Recent Close Encounter Near Stephenville, Texas

UFO Seen Near Stephenville, Texas
By Frank Warren
The UFO Chronicles
2-16-09

Editor's Note-The eyewitness was kind enough to answer some questions after the initial publication of his UFO Experience-FW

Original Report

Did anyone else see UFO lights on Thursday, Feb 5, 2009?????

I was traveling South on Hwy 281 sometime between 7:30 and 8PM, 20 miles North of Stephenville, Texas and first thought I saw a plane about to land on/near the highway REAL close to me. In fact I slowed down because I thought it was truly landing and would pass over me before it would land. There are no airports near there. It had three "yellowish" lights - one near the front and two at the outer wings (so I thought - I couldn't see an airplane body). It was "slanting" and approaching the road in front of me to the right of the highway. Then the "lights" went off, only to reappear - one at a time, closer together and no longer in "formation" - ahead of me over the highway.

At that time I realized they were not "near" me, but rather about two miles down the road - and were very large lights. Each light would rise, then fall on its own, and as it rose, it would "roll off". By that, I mean it was as if you raised a flashlight from horizontal to straight up, but the light completely disappeared. Then two of the lights started to kinda figure-8 in the sky around each other - each time they rose they would "roll-off". Then three of them started intermingling doing the same thing. It was as if when they hit a certain height, they would go off (completely).

The lights were not "shinning" - they gave off no reflective light. Then four of the lights did the same all around each other. I first thought they were fireworks, but quickly realized they were NOT. Then I thought they were small planes doing acrobatics - but at night?? In complete darkness?? Besides, all planes have green and red lights on their wings - these completely disappeared when the lights "rolled off".

Then I thought they were parachuters, but how could they perform the up/down/left/right movements they were doing??? Then... a straight roll of ten to fifteen lights (Idid not count them) - all very close together, too close to be planes or parachuters - "rolled on", just to the right of the figure-8, loop-to-loopy, up and down, left and right movementing four lights - all at the very same time. They stayed on for about 15 seconds, then all lights "rolled off" and everything vanished.

The whole thing lasted about one minute. I searched the sky and could see nothing - no trace, no figures, no planes. I was really excited and I knew the car behind me saw them too, since it was tailgating me prior to the event, then it slowed down and dropped way back and seem to be searching the sky for further events, as was I. The sky was dark at the time, but shortly afterwards it was lit by the moonlight. I figured whatever it was would not return, so I kept going - though I kept looking up and in my rear view mirror. I've seen sky lights do funny things - usually "one" light like a falling star - but NEVER anything like this!
This is something I will never forget!

Interview

FW: Based on your report: You were very close to Hwy 4 & 281 correct?

Wit: That’s probably about right. I remember shortly before seeing the UFOs, I had pasted a green highway information sign saying “Stephenville 26 miles”. That’s why I figured I was approximately 20 miles North of Stephenville.

FW: What exactly attracted your attention to the lights?

Wit: The “first” lights appeared real close and I thought it was an aircraft coming in for a landing, since it appeared as two lights on each end (of an assumed wing) and one more forward in the center. I did NOT see an airplane body – just the lights. I remember, it was dark at the time – the moon was not shining as it was a few minutes after everything happened. I quickly questioned what it was because of my knowledge of aircraft lights. I thought: “Why would an aircraft have yellowish landing lights that did not shine – especially the one in the middle?” All three lights were the same yellow/red color but not illuminating. It had a broad wingspan (again I saw no airplane body) of I would guess 60 feet with the middle light 10 feet in front.

FW: You were heading south towards Stephenville, so the object was heading north . . . correct?

Wit: The above “first” lights seen were slanting from the West turning North at first and then paralleled the highway on the West side of 281 and seemingly very low. That’s why I initially thought it was a plane trying to make an emergency landing.

FW: When you first noticed the lights, using a quarter held at arm's length for a reference, how big were the lights in relationship? What was the biggest they appeared as you neared them using the quarter as a reference?

Wit: The “first” lights were between a quarter and a nickel in that size of reference. A nickel would be a better reference to distant size for the “second” (looping) appearing lights. They seemed to remain the same size throughout the event.

FW: Since you mentioned that the object was to the "right" (west) of the highway, then you thought the object was going to land on Hwy 281, is it safe to assume that the object was traveling (at one point) "directly above" the hwy . . . that it turned slightly as it neared the highway, please explain.

Wit: The “first” lights seen were slanting from the West turning North at first and then paralleled the highway on the West side of 281. They remained to the West of 281 during this initial sighting.

They were NOT directly abovt 281 at this time. That’s why I initially thought it strange to be a plane trying to make an emergency landing over a wooded area.

FW: You mentioned that the "'lights' went off, only to reappear - one at a time, closer together and no longer in 'formation'." Do you feel that the light actually went of, or could it be that the object "turned or rotated," taking them out of your view momentarily, and or changed the appearance of distance, or angle etc?

Wit: Since I was driving South, the “first” lights seemed to pass by me just to the West of 281, then just disappeared. The “second” lights reappeared one to two miles down the road in front of me seconds later.

FW: Do you feel that this was indeed "one" object, or a few?

Wit: I never saw “one” object – I saw only lights. This is true for the “first” and “second” observed lights.

FW: You wrote: "Each light would rise, then fall on its own, and as it rose, it would 'roll off'. By that, I mean it was as if you raised a flashlight from horizontal to straight up, but the light completely disappeared." Could this be described as a "lighthouse effect?" In other words as you note with the flashlight analogy, the light was "pointing at you," then pointed away?

Wit: That’s the best way I could describe the on/off effect of the "second" lights. But when the light(s) pointed up, it (they) were COMPLETELY dark/unseeable.

FW: You wrote: "Then two of the lights started to kinda figure-8 in the sky around each other - each time they rose they would 'roll-off'." Obviously these were separate objects?

Wit: Yes, at first I thought them to be acrobatic planes doing loop-d-loops – but again – I saw no planes / solid body anything – just lights.

FW: You wrote: "Then four of the lights did the same all around each other." Does this mean another light appeared, as initially you noted "three" lights?

Wit: The first started doing it’s loop-d-loop straight up and down, then the second joined it and the two were at (approx) 30 degrees to each other (from a vertical plane of reference). Then the third appeared and joined in at (approx) 60 degrees to the others (like an old representation of atom electrons circling their nucleus – but only visual “half” from a horizontal reference, since the top portion of their path would “roll off”). Lastly the fourth joined in at the horizontal plane of reference. I know I said “figure-8” but “loop-d-loop” might be a better description. At no time did any light illuminate (i.e. shine on) any other light.

FW: In your addendum, you wrote about some small white lights shooting off"; these were separate some the initial light . . . yes? Please explain.

Wit: Positively, I searched the sky – which was now moon / star lit and noticed their movement fairly far from the event area. They were headed south, to the right of highway 281 and then curved up into the sky until they were out of view. Again, I never saw these white dot lights near the event.

FW: Do you think the small light that came later were conventional aircraft, perhaps from the military?

Wit: Had to military [sic] (if not UFO’s themselves!). Conventional aircraft could not move so fast and climb so high as fast. Again, they were just tiny white dots – I did NOT see aircraft “shapes”, nor any blinking red or green lights.

FW: You mentioned that the objects were being viewed at "visor level"; at what angle would you guesstimate that to be?

Wit: Looking straight ahead as the zero reference, they were about 30 to 35 degrees up.

FW: If the object(s) were at any time directly over the hwy, how far from the hwy were the outside (on each edge) objects? And at what distant at that specific time?

Wit: The looping lights “performed” just above the highway a mile or two ahead of me. They were approximately just wider than the highway. The 10 to 15 straight line of lights (again, I did not count the lights) appeared to the West of the highway, at the same height as the looping lights and very close to them.

FW: Did anyone pull over at the time of the sighting?

Wit: Just the previously tailgating truck with a trailer (horse trailer) behind me slowed way down and dropped way back behind me.

FW: What do you think you witnessed?

Wit: The adventurous side of me wants to say UFOs, but heat seeking missile deterrence technology might explain them. BUT – no flares, no fires, no illumination given off from the lights, their strange yellow/red color. And WHY release something like that over a public highway?

FW: What was your knowledge of the Stephenville Lights at the time of your sighting?

Wit: I was aware of sightings, but nothing specific – just “heard” something through the media.

Wit: I never expected to see anything while passing thru [Sic] Stephenville, and I do go to and from Weatherford from San Marcos on highway 281 at least four times a year.

FW: What is your knowledge of the UFO phenomenon?

Wit: Only superficial, I read of a sighting here/there in the country/world.

FW: How did you feel as this event occurred? Please explain.

Wit: Once I realized the things I was observing were not “normal” I was really excited. I remember wanting the lights to reappear so I could see them again and thinking “hey if your from outer space – beam me up Scotty, I would love to have the abduction thing happen to me”!

FW: Is there anything else you can add?

Wit: This was something I can still see clearly in my mind as if it just happened. I felt like I had just won the lottery – to have had the experience!

4 comments :

  1. Hi Frank,

    There were six reports to MUFON that same day, Feb. 5th, 2009. This is also the day that some friends of Steve Allen video'd the object. They sent me the video and it turned out to be jet flares. This witness and the witnesses that reported to MUFON that same day were all looking towards the Brownwood Military Operating Area. The big difference between these sightings and the ones on Jan.8th is that on Jan. 8th people were seeing the lights in many different locations and most of them were not towards the MOA.

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Day Robert,

    Happy Holidays!

    Thank you for taking time to make comment.

    You wrote:

    They sent me the video and it turned out to be jet flares.

    Do you mean "the excercise of dropping flares? (pertaining to the video)"

    In absorbing the witnesses report, in my view, it would appear that he did in fact witness "military aircraft"; however, the question is, "is that all he saw?"

    Given his position and described altitudes, as well as direction (at times), if all the objects sighted were indeed military aircraft, then they appear to have violated the rules re training within the MOA.

    The floor of the MOA is 7000 ft; the witness in part stated, " . . . then paralleled the highway on the West side of 281 and seemingly very low. That’s why I initially thought it was a plane trying to make an emergency landing."

    This is clearly "outside" and under the Brownwood MOA. Much like the Jan 8. Stephenville UFO Incident and later the Kokomo Incident (April) military activity was heavy in the aftermath.

    Did MUFON verify a "planned" military excercise during this time period?

    Cheers,
    Frank

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Frank,

    I hope you and your family had a Merry Christmas!

    In response to your questions:

    Do you mean "the excercise of dropping flares? [Yes. The video showed the flares that were dropped by jets. I've seen these flares dropped myself and they are recognizable as flares once you know what to look for. Each flare last 4-6 seconds and is extremely bright and can be seen for about 50 miles in all directions. As each flare is dropped you get an effect where lights turn on in sequence in a straight line and then turn off in the same sequence. The overall event seems to last about 30 seconds because you get a series of flares dropped. It looks to a witness like lights on a craft slowly cycling around a perimeter. (These are not flares dropped with a parachute to light up the ground, these are defensive flares that prevent heat seeking missiles from hitting a plane. Thus the extreme brightness.) If the lights last longer than a few seconds each, then it's probably not flares.]

    In absorbing the witnesses report, in my view, it would appear that he did in fact witness "military aircraft"; however, the question is, "is that all he saw?" [I think the witness also saw the flares that were dropped.]

    Given his position and described altitudes, as well as direction (at times), if all the objects sighted were indeed military aircraft, then they appear to have violated the rules re training within the MOA.

    The floor of the MOA is 7000 ft; the witness in part stated, " . . . then paralleled the highway on the West side of 281 and seemingly very low. That’s why I initially thought it was a plane trying to make an emergency landing." [I think the key is "seemingly very low". I don't think a witness can tell at night if a bright light is low or high. Any bright lights in the MOA would look lower in the sky to someone at the witness's location.]

    This is clearly "outside" and under the Brownwood MOA. Much like the Jan 8. Stephenville UFO Incident and later the Kokomo Incident (April) military activity was heavy in the aftermath. [The Jan.8th sightings were not in the direction of the MOA. Everything about this report to me, indicates they were looking towards the MOA.]

    Did MUFON verify a "planned" military excercise during this time period? [No. I've spent many many hours keeping up with not only my original Stephenville report but subsequent events that have occurred in this area. (I helped set up the phone list we use in that area.) There is no information that I have seen which convinces me that the events on Feb. 9th were anything other than military flares dropped by jets from Carswell.]

    I hope this information helps answer your questions.

    Have a Happy New Year!

    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Day Robert,

    We had a very enjoyable holiday, as I hope you did--thank you!

    You wrote:

    I think the witness also saw the flares that were dropped

    Flares came to my mind as well, at least in "part" as to what he saw.

    You wrote:

    I think the key is "seemingly very low". I don't think a witness can tell at night if a bright light is low or high. Any bright lights in the MOA would look lower in the sky to someone at the witness's location.

    If the case was "one static object" your argument would carry weight; however, the witness observed the objects in front of him (south) as well as to the west of him; additionally, the objects appeared so low to him that he felt the aircraft was going to land on the highway.

    Again if these were military aircraft, they were outside of the MOA, and were in violation of state and federal statute. Moreover, the Brownwood Military Operating Area (MOA) encompasses 3,200 square miles; there is no reason to perform maneuvers outside the designated area.

    One other item of note, the witness has "more then a familiarity" with aircraft--the details having not been made public.

    You wrote:

    There is no information that I have seen which convinces me that the events on Feb. 9th were anything other than military flares dropped by jets from Carswell.

    This one stays in my gray basket; I do believe the witness did see military aircraft; however, I'm hesitant to say that, this is all he saw.

    I find it curious that the military would stray outside the MOA, as they would "claim" to do two months later in Kokomo, and of course as witnesses reported with The Stephenville Incident, re the pursuit of the UFO.

    Cheers,
    Frank

    ReplyDelete

Dear Contributor,

Your comments are greatly appreciated, and coveted; however, blatant mis-use of this site's bandwidth will not be tolerated (e.g., SPAM etc).

Additionally, healthy debate is invited; however, ad hominem and or vitriolic attacks will not be published. Please keep your arguments "to the issues" and present them with civility and proper decorum-FW






LIVE SIGHTING REPORTS BY MUFON