Nature provides man with wondrous atmospheric displays from comets to the Northern Lights. As awe-inspiring and infrequent as these phenomena are, they all have prosaic origins as explained by science. Much less understood (and far more rare) are the enigmatic Green Fireballs. The Green Fireball is often associated with historical sightings that occurred in areas like the State of New Mexico and near our National Laboratories, such as Sandia and Los Alamos. These unusually-behaved luminous balls of ethereal green were very different from conventional meteors and were seen to perform extraordinary aerial feats during the late 1940s and early 1950s. Military and intelligence authorities at that time even had a top-secret project called “Twinkle” whose objective was to trace the mysterious green fireballs plaguing Southwest skies in particular. Then for some inexplicable reason, appearances of the green balls of fire tapered down and “winked out.”
By Anthony Bragalia
The Bragalia Files
By Anthony Bragalia
The Bragalia Files
Or did they?
– Revealed here are remarkable images (recently found buried within NASA space footage archives) of a Green Fireball that seems to “follow” our astronauts.The glowing green balls are now exhibiting behavior so distinctly unnatural and never-before-seen that the conclusion draws near: Some of this phenomenon is intelligent and it is evolving in its revealed capability. It is able to mimic nature while traversing at will above us with a purpose unknown.
– Striking and exceeding rare film has been located, also taken from space, where one can vividly see the strange Green Fireballs doing the impossible: exiting the earth’s atmosphere rather than entering it.
– High definition, non-hoaxed film taken this past Spring (with link below) clearly depicts a slow, “watchful” Green Fireball passing above excited witnesses for several minutes- not seconds. The object is comprised of matter but displays a luminous halo of “energy” and seems to change shape into a “diamond.”
– Documented recent reports referenced here that have been filed of Green Fireballs that wildly morph their appearance and “pace” their observers.
Green Fireballs: Natural and Artificial
Of course astronomers recognize the term “Green Fireballs” in conventional terms as naturally-occurring atmospheric events. Infrequently, shooting meteors of sufficient mass and velocity can create a “shockwave” hot enough to produce a Green Fireball. It is a cosmic phenomena associated with the color green that is caused in part by ionized oxygen (and is similar in color to that of a green aurora.) Recent research at Queensland University points to a possible connection to “ball lightning” electrical phenomenon as well. Sightings of most all such Green Fireballs can be accounted for in these (largely) understood, prosaic ways.
Only very occasionally ever filmed clearly, here we see a conventional “shooting” Green Fireball over Ocean Shores in 2008, towards the very end of this 44 second clip (incorrectly titled “UFO Green Fireball”- as it is indeed a green meteor):
A “conventional” Green Fireball is very simply a mass of stony or metallic matter that has fallen to earth from outer space. As can be seen in the above clip, it appears as a transient, fiery streak, otherwise known as a “falling star.”
But there are a core of sightings of Green Fireball-like phenomena that are distinctly different than conventional fireballs or green meteors - and that elude conventional explanation. It is this phenomenon that does not appear to find its origin with the realm of known atmospheric or celestial events. This unknown phenomenon was first noted officially and scientifically in 1948. Such illustrious scientists as astronomer Dr. Lincoln LaPaz (who was also involved in the Roswell crash investigation in 1947 according to multiple credible sources) initiated Green Fireball investigations utilizing expensive monitoring equipment (including an installation placed only 30 miles from the Roswell crash-involved Foster Ranch.) So concerned was the military that such sightings were occurring near rocketry and nuclear sites that a top secret conference was organized about the issue and attended by luminaries including Dr. Edward Teller. Opinions were divergent and studies, inconclusive.
In 1965 LaPaz privately confided to the Air Force’s Dr. J. Allen Hynek of Project Blue Book his last known word on the flying green balls: LaPaz was sure that certain fireballs’ anomalous characteristics were never really understood by himself or by officials- and that they did not behave like normal meteorites- and were most probably “artificial” in their origin. Despite best efforts, a certain class of Green Fireballs resisted all attempts at sustained filming and at determining trajectory- or in ever recovering any expected celestial debris. We have learned that this class of “artificial” Green Fireball phenomenon displays essential differences from “conventional” green meteors:
- They favor and cluster in specific geographic areas and sometimes near highly-sensitive locations.
- They appear episodically and even seem to “leave” us all together, only to reveal themselves again years later.
- They do not emit smoke trails (but sometimes have unusual ‘tails’).
- They change direction and angle of travel (sometimes sharply and abruptly, unlike conventional “shooting” meteoric phenomena).
- They have no impact sites and have never left any evidence of any type of their descent to earth.
- They do not always “shoot” or dart quickly, as they can also change their speed- and can sometimes maneuver far more slowly than meteors and other entering cosmic debris.
- They can possess “lime green” colorations that are not consistent with known celestial phenomena.
These anomalous characteristics left LaPaz and others forever perplexed. One can only wonder what they might think of their even more incredible aerial behavior today, documented on film.
- They travel impossibly upward and outward through our atmosphere and into space.
- They follow and track our astronauts.
- They can hover silently and with precision and even appear to even “watch” their observers.
- They can morph their shape.
The Green fireball That left The Earth To Follow The Astronauts - On Film
In scouring the deepest recesses of official NASA archived images online, located were photos and film of the Green Fireball taken from space that to my eyes are nothing short of astounding. And I was equally astounded that at least one other has also found the same thing.
In May of this year researcher Wilbur Allen spoke at a small conference which featured a call-in from his friend, Moon-walker Dr. Edgar Mitchell. Mr. Allen (who has professional interest in photography and was once employed as a White House engineer) delivered a presentation that included a brief segment of film that somehow made its way passed NASA censors. The film, taken by Apollo 7 in 1968, has been discovered to include clear moving images of a Green Fire Ball that is exiting –not entering- the Earth’s atmosphere. Further, it careens into space and is photographed by the astronauts! Allen notes yet another astronaut-filmed image of a Green Fireball in space which has received very little notice involving Buzz Aldrin- a man whose comments on ET have been both full of hints and contradictions. Allen also provides a striking comparative analysis of green fireballs using a solarization imaging technique.
You can see this very-little-viewed film here now, with the relevant portion beginning at about 1:58 of this 8 minute clip. It is best seen in a darkened room, full-screen at a minimally 480p quality resolution:
Below is a clear, still image of the Green Ball. (Excuse the crude box used to highlight the object. The NASA original is a much larger image not suitable to show here due to space constraints):
Green Fireball That Hovers, Follows Observers, and was Filmed!
The Green Balls of Fire Continue To Fly
A review of Green Fireball UFOs reported to the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) shows that sightings of such phenomenon are on the rise and that their performance capabilities are evolving. Two notable, documented examples:
- In January of 2012 (MUFON Case # 34457) in New Mexico (a state long favored by the Green Fireballs) witnesses sighted one descending toward them. Then remarkably, its position suddenly changed to one of flying level. It then morphed its shape from a fireball into a slightly shiny V-shaped object and out of view! This is reminiscent of the filmed October 2011 episode above, where the “ball” becomes a “diamond” shape.The Great Green Fireball is curious of us. Fleeting and ever furtive, it is secretive and evasive. It lets us glimpse it (and now even film it) but it never lets us “get it” to touch it. This is was Dr. LaPaz’ very lament. As he said, “it was not natural.” It acts with aptitude. It comprehends and it discerns. We can speculate that it is a sentient ball of light, a probe, a craft. But we cannot be sure. The only thing that is really certain is that the phenomena is real- and that its secrets will be revealed to us only if and when it ever wishes to do so.
- In March of 2010 (MUFON Case # 22579) we learn of a report filed by a married couple in Florida who are described as “astronomy fans” who have seen many meteors. This green one however, was markedly different. They were surprised at how utterly slow the object moved as it passed closely by them (at about the speed of a single engine prop airplane) and that its brightness never wavered.
Continue Reading . . .
Flying Saucers, Foo Fighters and Green Fireballs
UFO Research Team Witnesses Green Fireball Over Cuba New Mexico!
Secret Docs, Project Grudge and 'The Green Fireball Phenomenon'
SHARE YOUR UFO EXPERIENCE
↑Grab this Headline Animator